This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Roaming Near and Far. This privacy notice addresses what information is collected, who the information is shared with, and how it is secured.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refers to Roaming Near and Far. The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
What data do we collect?
Roaming Near and Far collects the following data:
- Personal Identification Information such as name, email address, and any information you enter to get my newsletter and/or to contact me
Roaming Near and Far automatically collects certain data when you visit the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity but could include device and usage information, such as your IP address, operating system, language preferences, country, location, device name. This information is needed for security, analytics, and reporting purposes.
How do we collect your information?
If you become a client, Roaming Near and Far will collect your name, email, address, and phone number and use them to provide services to you. If you work with me directly, Roaming Near and Far offers you the choice to pay via cash or check (in-person clients only), Venmo, Cashapp, or Paypal. Any information you provide during the checkout process is not stored on our website but provided to Venmo, Cashapp, or Paypal, whichever platform completes the purchase transaction. You agree that you gave this information voluntarily for the services that you received. By using this website, you agree not to hold Roaming Near and Far responsible for any security breach and for any unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties.
How will we use your data?
Your data will be used for a variety of business purposes identified below :
- Send you marketing and promotional messages if you sign up for my newsletter or if you buy from one of the companies I represent and you fail to remove yourself from their marketing emails. Roaming Near and Far and third party marketing partners can use your personal information for marketing purposes.
We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the section titled “Will your information be shared?”.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mails sent from us will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Our emails provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
- Testimonials. Roaming Near and Far may post testimonials that include personal information. All testimonials are consented to prior to being put on the website. If you want to update or delete your testimonial, please contact karapaulwriter AT gmail.com and include your name, where the testimonial is, and your contact information.
- Targeted advertising. Roaming Near and Far may use your information to show content that interests you or near your location
- Giveaways. Roaming Near and Far hosts giveaways and may use your information if you decide to participate.
- Feedback.Roaming Near and Far is always looking to improve, and may use your information to ask for feedback.
- To enforce the terms and conditions and other policies for business, legal, or contractual reasons.
- Respond to legal requests. If Roaming Near and Far receives a legal request, your data may have to be inspected.
- Deliver products or services. Your data may be used to deliver any products or services you requested.
- Respond to inquiries. Your data may be used if you use the contact forms on the website.
- Other business purposes. Your information may be used for data analysis, determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve services, products, and marketing. Your personal information will not be used without your consent.
Will your information be shared?
Your data may be shared with your consent, to perform a contract, or legal obligations to comply with applicable law, government requests, court order, or a legal process.
Your data may be shared to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding violations of our policy, fraud, illegal activities, or for litigation purposes which we are a part of.
Your information may be shared with the vendors, consultants, and third party service provider, contractors, or agents who perform services for Roaming Near and Far or on behalf of Roaming Near and Far. [Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts]
If you share information from roamingnearandfar.com on any social media medium, you are voluntarily disclosing your personal information. It becomes public information and can be collected and used by others. Roamingnearandfar.com does not have control over this collection and takes no responsibility for the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly disclosed personal information by you.
Who will your information be shared with?
Roaming Near and Far may or may not share your information with the third parties listed below. If Roaming Near and Far has processed your data based on your consent and you want to revoke consent, contact karapaulwriter AT gmail.com.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Youtube (should you head over to or use those social media websites, you are consenting to their privacy policies)
CookieYes / GDPR Cookie Consent
Feeds for YouTube
Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
Rank Math SEO
Sassy Social Share
Smash Balloon Instagram Feed
How long will you store my information?
Securing your information
Roaming Near and Far will not trade, share, or sell your information to any other company without giving you express notification, except for certain third parties who assist Roaming Near and Far in providing services to you, as listed above. These third parties agree to keep your information private.Roaming Near and Far will release your information as required by law and if necessary to protect Roaming Near and Far’s legal rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order, to prevent threats to others or illegal activities, or to prevent abuse of this website.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) rights
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Know what data has been collected about you and how it has been processed
- Object to the transfer of your personal data from one electronic processing system into another
- Make changes to inaccurate information
- Withdraw consent after you have given your personal data
- Ask for your personal data to be deleted
- Informed in clear and plain language if you are asked for consent of your personal data
If you believe Roaming Near and Far is unlawfully using your information, you have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can contact them at: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is not directed at children and does not collect information from persons under the age of 13. If your child submitted personal identifiable information to Roaming Near and Far, please email karapaulwriter AT gmail.com, and that information will be deleted.
California resident’s privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request and obtain information about categories of personal information Roaming Near and Far discloses to 3rd parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all 3rd partiesRoaming Near and Far shared in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make this request, use the information below to contact Roaming Near and Far.
Children under 18 years of age may request removal of content or information posted on roamingnearandfar.com. To request removal, use the information below to contact Roaming Near and Far and provide a statement that you reside in California.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to exercise free of charge:
|Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You||You have the right to know:
• The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
• The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
• The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and
• The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that we are not required to:
• Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
• Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information; or
• Provide the personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
|Personal Information Sold or Used for a Business Purpose||In connection with any personal information we may sell or disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
• The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information.
Please send an email to karapaulwriter AT gmail.com if you do not want your information disclosed to third parties.
If you have questions or comments, you can email karapaulwriter AT gmail.com.